The scenario of market is such that, two days off from work and you will find five competitors ahead of your already. While competition is one kind of headache that demands you to remain on toes always, it is also something to learn from.
We all are well versed with the fact that a proper management in time can take and your business to places and there are no two ways about it. However, do you know that even your competitors can teach you a lot about time management?
Also Read: ‘Shifts’ to Help You in Times Good or Bad
TIME IS NOT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED
– This is the most significant lesson about time that each competitor of yours teaches you. Time is not supposed to be taking for granted, each day is a new beginning and an opportunity to do better than yesterday. Only because the time is favourable today, you cannot take it for granted because it won’t take even seconds to change.
– If you feel that you are lagging behind in the quality or quantity, do not stress out instead peep a little and see what your competitors are doing. Time management comes with well-planned goals. While you are busy in making your things to do each day, your competitors must have set the goal to achieve for next six months.
Also Read: Customer Engagement 101
STARTING EARLY IS THE BEST
– Your time will manage by itself if you begin day early. We know that you have overheard that ‘early to bed, early to rise makes man healthy wealthy and wise’ well, that is true! You will end up saving your precious time and things in proper time frame.
PLANNING AND EXECUTION –
While it is mandatory to have an organised plan, it is also vital to execute it. The essence of time management lies in executing the plan as decided. The people whom you see as your competitors are actually the ones who not only plan but execute it as well.
WELL VERSED WITH OWN POTENTIAL
– The key is to neither underestimate yourself nor do the overestimation of your capacity. Your competitor carefully decides upon the number of projects that he or she can handle. They also estimate the time that each project deserves to be given. If you keep on estimating your potentials incorrectly, there are chances that you will end up screwing up your schedule.
Also Read: 8 Easy steps to break a Bad Habit
– You competitors follow a timely schedule and they avoid juggling between projects. Focusing on one or two projects at a time can yield positive results with much more efficacy. While working you must also avoid constantly checking up your social media, handles as the distraction can consume a lot of time that can mishandle your time management plan.
– You competitors take time for their personal lives too. Yes, they do not work 24*7 and that’s why they manage their time. If you feel that you are too burdened then certainly you are required to re-analyse the entire schedule of your plan.
You competitors can amazingly teach you how to manage the time in the most fruitful way and all that you need is to wait, see and observe their ways and virtues.