The time that we have every day is limited. Not every entrepreneur can put in 17-hour days — personal obligations and family life take up time, making it important that we maximize the time we do have allocated for business.
Here are five time-wasting habits that many entrepreneurs are guilty of. Eliminate these and watch your productivity increase.
1. Willing To Do Everything Thyself:
You think you can handle everything — but as tasks and responsibilities stack up the weight on your shoulders becomes unbearable and everything collapses. Delegating those tasks , which you are not best at ,to other people who can handle them more efficiently can make a significant impact.
2. Saying ‘Yeah’ To Everything :
One of the hardest things to do is to say no. It can take a while to learn that it is physically impossible to try to accommodate every request that you are presented with. Learn to deny opportunities and requests that aren’t going to benefit your company and brand. Learning to value your time can lead to increased productivity, and while it might feel uncomfortable the first couple of times, I promise it becomes much easier after you experience first hand how eliminating time-sucking requests improve your productivity.
3. Waiting For Perfection :
Perfection doesn’t exist, and if you sit around waiting for it you’re going to miss the boat. When people are hung up on a task they will often say they are trying to perfect it before moving on to the next one. They are simply procrastinating. It’s important that you understand perfection is a unicorn you most likely aren’t going to encounter. Imagine if companies such as Uber and Airbnb waited to expand into new markets until they perfected all of the working components of the business. They would still be sitting there wasting time, scratching their heads, waiting for something that wasn’t ever going to happen. Look how fast both companies have grown because they were extremely productive.
4. Welcoming Distractions To Interrupt :
Distractions will only interrupt your day if you let them. You have to create a work environment that provides you with some distraction-free time which allows you to stay 100 percent focused. Every entrepreneur is going to have different distractions to deal with. Here are a few of things to do to eliminate some distractions:
- No personal text replies: When you are working don’t reply to personal texts. It’s a time suck, but it also tells the other person that your work time isn’t valuable. Just because someone is bored at his or her desk or on a day off, it doesn’t mean you have to entertain them. When you ignore work-time texts and begin to reply to them in the evening when you are done , you will notice your mid-day interruptions will decrease significantly.
- Airplane mode: If you are working on something extremely important that requires complete focus you should switch your phone to airplane mode. When you simply silence your phone you still see the notification icons and you apt to pick it up and check emails and messages. Airplane mode prevents this and allows you to fully focus.
- Block off calendar time: You may prefer specific time blocked off on your calendar every day. When you get into this habit, you know without a doubt that you have a period of time without meetings, conference calls or distractions. This time will quickly become your most productive daily block of time.
5. Refreshing Your Email Inbox Constantly :
If you are constantly refreshing your email inbox, you are pissing away valuable time. Set specific time for it .
All these eliminations will help you out to be more Productive and hence more Benefit.