Stated in very simple terms, customer engagement is the perspicacity of the bond a customer has with the organization. Many businesses have started focusing more and more on this peace, as an engagement directly impacts the customer loyalty for the brand. The realization is creeping in quickly and the people leaders are building engagement with customers, ensuring this learned one-click generation keeps them on top of the mind. One-clicks have loads of options available and they note every interaction, and, therefore, every such interaction is a moment of truth.
How do you know your customers are engaged? There are traits which can be noticed and are listed below in very simple terms:-
1. They purchase or use your services
2. They recommend you
3. They engage in a dialogue with the brand
4. They are loyal if they do all the above
Then there are a group of actively disengaged and disengaged customers. The good news is that both these groups can be engaged. Actively disengaged customers can be won back, and are worth investing in. They’re currently beating the brand up with a loudspeaker online, but that loudspeaker could be used to evangelize for the brand. Go make it right with them.
Solutions are very simple, just list down top ten needs of the customers. What would they be?
1. The immediate/timely resolution, when in a problem.
2. Speed they can reach you and your accessibility. All of us are looking for 24X7 customer service in this one-click world.
3. The time that is taken by you to reach them.
4. Helpfulness, genuine interest, and intent are the key.
5. Grooming, Etiquettes, Empathizing, etc
6. Total rectification of the problem.
7. Further assistance or the offer/ability to assist.
8. Suggestions provided.
9. Feedback, and implementing the same. Two-way communication and close looping are very important in customer engagement.
10. Simple yet informative information provided across channels.
Entrepreneurial leaders reading this peace would realize that even while designing a customer engagement survey, you should measure these top ten. It would give you fair inputs.
The best way to build it is with customer-centricity. That means every aspect of you is geared toward what customers want. It means every experience, every detail, every e-mail is extremely positive. Every interaction should nod the customer’s decision to make a brand part of their life.
Some great examples of the brands which are engaging people through various means, come to my mind are following:-
1. Usage of Social Media as a tool by Lenovo
2. ANZ simplifies customer experience, based on their repeated behavior
3. Google using various mediums including the engine itself, to simplify the search
I strongly believe that with the rise of technology and social media, customers have become more powerful and we all have choices. In order to survive with the one-clicks, brands need to work on real-time and personalized solutions. You should be able to reach them, just the way they want you to reach them.
Customer loyalty is built every day through many ways. An e-mail, a social media trigger, an SMS, etc, every interaction is becoming more and more important. Promoting appropriate and consistent communication during the course of the experience, companies have a prospect to involve with their audiences like not ever before.
Got Something to add for better Customer Engagement? Feel free to share your views in comments
Sharing is Caring, Spread the word